2015 Grand Cherokee Front Grill Trim Diagram

Joined

·

18 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HELP please!!! I've been searching all over the Internet and can't find how to remove the chrome trim on my '15 overland!! Help please!

Joined

·

2,441 Posts

You have to remove the whole lower bumper. It's pretty easy. There are like 8 twist locks. It may be in the user manual. Once it's off you'll see a bunch of clips that hold it in.

DAC15

Joined

·

143 Posts

Shots

Joined

·

449 Posts

Yes, it's in the owner's manual. They recommend removing it before doing any off-roading.

I painted mine black, because it was too much chrome. I've been going to do the fog light bezels, and grill rings, but I've been procrastinating. Makes a big difference to get rid of some of the chrome though.

Joined

·

299 Posts

HELP please!!! I've been searching all over the Internet and can't find how to remove the chrome trim on my '15 overland!! Help please!

Getting the lower bumper off is easy, but swapping out the applique is PITA. It's not difficult, just a crap load of tabs and most have to go in a specific order.

I did it a while back - changed the chrome for a black textured to match the trim. I have a photo of everything taken apart i'll dig up to post. If I remember correctly, there are 4 pieces that have to come apart to be able to swap the applique.

Yes, it's in the owner's manual. They recommend removing it before doing any off-roading.

Something I still haven't learned my lesson with. The underside of the fascia is tore to s**t on mine.

EDIT - here's the image

  • Motor vehicle Vehicle

    426.3 KB Views: 463

Joined

·

18 Posts

Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Getting the lower bumper off is easy, but swapping out the applique is PITA. It's not difficult, just a crap load of tabs and most have to go in a specific order.

I did it a while back - changed the chrome for a black textured to match the trim. I have a photo of everything taken apart i'll dig up to post. If I remember correctly, there are 4 pieces that have to come apart to be able to swap the applique.

Something I still haven't learned my lesson with. The underside of the fascia is tore to s**t on mine.

EDIT - here's the image

How the f do you take them apart and put them back lmao

Joined

·

299 Posts

How the f do you take them apart and put them back lmao

Getting the assembly back together is fairly easy.

Either the blue and/or red tabs are the hard ones to get out. They kept snapping backing in when I was trying to get the applique out (#4). Once I get the red and blue tabs undone, the green outside tabs came out easy.

Just take the lower fascia off and have at it. :)

  • Surfboard Surfing Equipment Vehicle Surface water sports Windsurfing

    408 KB Views: 468

Joined

·

18 Posts

Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Getting the assembly back together is fairly easy.

Either the blue and/or red tabs are the hard ones to get out. They kept snapping backing in when I was trying to get the applique out (#4). Once I get the red and blue tabs undone, the green outside tabs came out easy.

Just take the lower fascia off and have at it. :)

Thank you so much. I have the overland so I have the tow package I'm assuming it's similar right?

Shots

Joined

·

449 Posts

Tow package won't have anything different on the front valance. The only thing that may be added to the front is if you have adaptive cruise.

It will be a small "bubble" in the center of the lower valance. Everything still comes off the same though. They actually mention taking the ACC off for serious off-road action too, but you can buy skid plates to specifically cover it if you prefer to not take it on/off. Some of them are designed to fit behind the valance when it's put back on too.

Anyway, it's part of the Advanced Tech package. Here's a shot of it. Just ignore the missing grille rings. I took the photo a few days ago to show the progress while painting them black like I did the lower valance (I stopped procrastinating :)).

  • Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

    466.6 KB Views: 878

Joined

·

102 Posts

The lower section comes off pretty easy, there are seven quarter turn fasteners. Pop the sides off first and then pop the center off. Item 5 in the photos above does not have to come off. As mentioned earlier, taking the lower fascia apart is not hard, but take your time and be patient. Going back together is easier then taking it apart

Joined

·

3 Posts

Hey all,

Saw this thread and was just attempting to remove the entire front cover on my 2016 High Altitude (same as Summit) and I know it's different (read: more difficult) than doing the same job on an Overland but was hoping I could get some specific help.

I got the top portion under the hood free without a problem. I seem to have freed the lower sides of the edges of the bumper cover but it seems to be stuck at the top where the cover meets the front fender.

Is there something I am not seeing that is holding the cover on in that region? Anyone have a decent guide or pics for that?

Thanks in advance.

Joined

·

102 Posts

I am pretty sure you have to remove a couple of bolts in the wheel well. There is a video on you tube on how to do it

Joined

·

3 Posts

Please post the video. I could not find anything specific to the Summit/High Alititude with the cruise control sensor front end.

I have found at least one clearly visible bolt in each wheel well but there is something else I cannot see or am missing.

IndustrialChaos

Joined

·

747 Posts

When I replaced my lower fascia applique, there weren't any bolts/fasteners in the wheel well. I removed the twist locks from underneath and pulled the lower bumper off. If it's the first time it's come off, you need to pull pretty damn hard on the sides to get them to come off, I had to pull to the point I thought I was going to break it. Once the sides are loose, it's as simple as just pulling forward to release the remaining clips.

As others have said, with the applique itself, there are a TON of clips that need to be released to get it out, just be patient and it'll work. Start to finish took me about 45 minutes to do it all.

Joined

·

102 Posts

Are you trying to take off just the lower fascia or the entire front bumper cover? If it is just the lower fascia, then you only need to undo the seven quarter twist locks and pull the section off. First you need to pop the sides off and then grab the front and pull and the whole section comes right off. Your owners manual will show you where the twist locks are located. If you are taking the entire cover off, like I said earlier there is a video on you tube showing the how to do it, type 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee front bumper removal in the search box and the video will come up. I hope this helps

Joined

·

52 Posts

Joined

·

3 Posts

In case anyone looks at this in the future, I finally got it off. There are no videos or guides that cover a Summit/High Altitude (with the adaptive cruise control sensor in the front).

The tricky part I was missing was a black piece of trim that lined the fender well on the front side of the car. This piece of trim was on both sides and also has two rivets in it to hold the wheel well "carpet" onto it. You do not need to remove the rivets. The way this piece connects into the bumper cover and fender is tricky. There are two connection points. One is a built-in snapping connector of sorts that comes up through the bumper cover, vertically. The other is a locking mechanism that pops in and out of the actual fender at the top of the working area. Reattaching that piece was very annoying, but that was one major hold up.

Otherwise, the fasteners just hold the cover on TIGHT. I carefully used a very thin screwdriver to help me in the area that was stuck (just fore of the wheel well and that trim piece I described above).

I think removing the lower grille pieces on a Summit/High Altitude is probably something that isn't worth the time. It's probably faster to just take the whole thing off like I did.

Joined

·

5 Posts

Hi, I just need to replace the center glossy aplique on grand cherokee altitude. Does anybody have the pictures on how to do it?

Thanks.

Posted by: jilllamye0199275.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.jeepgarage.org/threads/how-do-you-remove-the-front-lower-grille-appliqu%C3%A9.100244/

Post a Comment

0 Comments